Each steward will wear a yellow bib (supplied) to identify their role as a steward.
Cleaning the church: The church must be closed and cleaned thoroughly after the Sunday 9.20am service. Particular attention should be paid to surfaces that individuals have touched (including the stewards). Aprons and disposable gloves (supplied). Single-use cleaning cloths to be used with disinfectant. The church ventilated where possible – outside door opened.
Stewards should not physically assist people unless necessary, for example an emergency for First Aid. In this case there are some basic considerations:
- Be aware of the risk to yourselves and others in helping someone. If you feel at risk ask the other stewards for assistance.
- Make sure you wash your hands using alcohol gel before helping someone.
- Ensure that you do not cough or sneeze over someone when you are helping them.
- Wear disposable gloves (provided) when dealing with people and dispose of the gloves securely.
- Dispose of all waste from the First Aid safely in tied bags and bins.
- Do not touch a wound with your bare hands. Do not touch any part of the dressing that will come in contact with the wound.
Return your yellow bib at the end into the designated laundry bag.